1. These HIL Terms set out our expectations of how you should use our website, online services, web application Euclidea and mobile applications.
2. The materials on our Site and Apps, such as documents, files, text and graphics (the "Products Content") are protected by copyright laws, trade mark laws and treaties around the world, and all intellectual property are the property of HIL.
3. We may update the Site and the Apps from time to time, and may change any Products Content at any time. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
4. The Products Content is made available free of charge. As such, we do not guarantee that the Site, the Apps and the Products Content, will always be available or you use of the Products Content will be uninterrupted. Access to the Site, the Apps and the Products Content is permitted on a temporary basis only and is made available on an "AS IS" basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the HIL products without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the HIL products (or any Products Content) are unavailable at any time or for any period.
5. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the HIL products or any Products Content, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Site and the Apps or your use of or reliance on any Products Content, PROVIDED THAT nothing in these HIL Terms shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party which cannot be excluded by law.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to or from our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
7. If you are provided with a username and/or password or any other piece of information as part of our registration procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and in particular must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any username or password (whether chosen by you or allocated by us) at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these HIL Terms. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our HIL Terms. Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and by uploading the content you grant us the right and licence to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in the HIL Terms. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
9. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that our Site and Apps do not contain or propagate any viruses or other malicious code although we do not guarantee that our Site and Apps will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. It is recommended that you should virus-check all Products Content you may download. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from our Site and Apps. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Site and Apps, the server on which our Site and Apps are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site and Apps. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site and Apps will cease immediately.
10. To contact us about the HIL products or any Products Content please email us at email@example.com.
11. In the event that any term of these HIL Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these HIL Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
12. We reserve the right to vary these HIL Terms from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied the HIL Terms on our Site and Apps. By continuing to use the HIL products you will be deemed to accept such variations.
These rules set out our expectations for how users should use the "HIL products" (the "Site" and the "Apps") and in particular the behavior we expect within our user forums.
You agree not to use the HIL Products:
- for any commercial or business purpose without our prior written consent;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from our Site and Apps, except where expressly permitted on our Site and Apps;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from our Site and Apps to any third party except where expressly permitted on our Site and Apps;
- in such a way as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with the HIL Terms;
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring HIL or any of its associates or subsidiaries into disrepute;
- to harm minors in any way;
- to disseminate any material which is abusive, defamatory or obscene, may harass, offend or inconvenience any person, applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any person;
- to disseminate any material not suitable for children, namely containing Violence (both realistic and cartoon / fantasy), Sexual content or nudity (graphical or textual), Profanity or crude humor, Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use or references, Mature/suggestive themes, Simulated gambling, Frightening content, horror/fear themes;
- to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
1. On certain parts of our Site and Apps we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data")
2. The registration processes on our Site and Apps may involve you being allocated with a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your website account. You are responsible for all activities that occur through your website account. You agree to:
- immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss of damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
3. We are concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents or teachers who wish to allow their children or pupils access to our Websites should supervise their access. As a child's legal guardian it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the services and/or content are appropriate for your child or pupil.
1. The User-Content Pages and any discussion forums or pages of our Site where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange or lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of our Site that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Further, your use of these forums and our Site generally is subject to the terms and conditions set out in our main HIL Terms.
2. Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
3. In relation to this context, you acknowledge and agree:
- that we accept no responsibility for any statements, materials or other submissions placed on the User-Content Pages by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of the restrictions set out in our Website Terms;
- to indemnify us, our associated companies, representatives and employees from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorized use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of the restrictions set out in the HIL Terms.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on our Site please let us know by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
We will not view, edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the User-Content Pages or to our Site generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the Site. We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the forums or our Websites without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
If you have any questions about HIL’s Terms of Service, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.